I was asked to create a desktop educational experience with Captivate for any section of the IKEA 2016 Sustainability report. I chose to focus on the human rights section and was given IKEA co-workers as my target audience.
To create an engaging experience, I selected the essential information to communicate to the IKEA co-workers and organized it into chunks. Each chunk was categorized by the possible methods for communication and was compared between sections to identify a possible pattern for design. I then focused on the layout of the sections and chunks. I took inspiration from the front cover of the report and wanted to incorporate images of the people impacted.
Key Learner Experience Features
- Usability testing to ensure intuitive layout
- Highly chunked information to reduce cognitive load
- Open layout to encourage exploration
- Infographics for each section to reduce fatigue
- Consistent layout to reduce cognitive load
- One-attempt quizzes with feedback to reinforce knowledge
- Link to the report to continue learning
Key Design Features
- Standardized IKEA branding
- Consistent look and feel to the report
- Optional background sound to complete the experience
Captivate | Photoshop | Illustrator